The Memorial
A remembered link between Carrickfergus and the Rangers.
WartimeNI states that Carrickfergus Borough Council erected a memorial stone at the old Sunnylands Camp in 1992. American War Memorials Overseas records the US Rangers Centre on the grounds of the Andrew Jackson Cottage in Carrickfergus, describing it as a small museum dedicated to the first U.S. Army Ranger battalions activated in Carrickfergus in 1942.
The Centre is described as preserving documents, uniforms, photographs, and other material connected to the early Ranger battalions. This page focuses on public remembrance, restoration awareness, and the documented Ranger history connected to Carrickfergus.